2018’s States with the Most Underprivileged Children
In order to bring awareness to the condition of underprivileged children throughout the U.S., WalletHub compared the 50 states and the District of Columbia across 24 key measures of neediness. The data set ranges from share of children in households with below-poverty income to child food-insecurity rate to share of maltreated children.
Welfare of Children in Iowa (1=Most; 25=Avg.):
- 39th – % of Children in Households with Below-Poverty Income
- 39th – Child Food-Insecurity Rate
- 43rd – % of Uninsured Children
- 28th – Infant Mortality Rate
- 39th – % of Children in Single-Parent Families