Iowa is the 4th Least Affected by the Government Shutdown
WalletHub compared the 50 states and the District of Columbia in terms of five key metrics, ranging from each state’s share of federal jobs to federal contract dollars per capita to the share of families receiving food stamps.
Impact of the Government Shutdown on Iowa (1=Most Affected, 25=Avg.):
- 48th – Share of Federal Jobs
- 36th – Federal Contract Dollars Per Capita
- 45th – Real Estate as a Percentage of GSP
- 35th – Access to National Parks
- 38th – % of Families Receiving SNAP (Food Stamps)